As part of DC ACM’s last event for 2015, from December 9th – 11th, the DC ACM and DeVry University held our second annual Hour of Code. We believe broadening access to computer skills is important and are very proud of the diversity our workshops drew.
The events were held at DeVry’s Crystal City, Virginia campus in honor of National Computer Science Education Week.
We locally offered the following workshops:
- “Creating a hangman game using C#”
- “Creating a text-based game using Python”
- “Creating a Frogger game using Kodu”
The goal of Hour of Code workshops is to offer individuals of all ages and backgrounds exposure to computer science concepts. Whether 4 years old or 104 years old, we urge all people to tinker with computers and programming!
Please feel free to download the workshop materials and view the pictures from the event HERE!
- Due to many different initiatives and other great events coming in the future from DC ACM; we at DC ACM will no longer sponsor the Hour of Code workshops for December 2016. We wish the organizers and the event all the best and will help with cross-promoting it in the future!
- Please join our meetup group for the “DC Development Bootcamp Panel” taking place on January 21st; and other exciting things we have coming in 2016!